Tencent Games is the world’s leading online games developing, publishing and operating platform. It is a part of Tencent Holdings conglomerate which is one of the world’s highest-earning video game companies. Tencent acquired Riot Games, developer of League of Legends, it owns 40% of Epic Games, 84.3% of Supercell, it holds a small part of Activision Blizzard and many more.
At this year’s Game Developers Conference in San Francisco, Tencent Games presented CROS through their first ever keynote session. Common R&D and Operation System is a one-stop support system to mobile game development and operation that provides products to developers to help deliver top quality mobile games.
Tencent Games CROS has the combined R&D with seamless integrated solutions that have resulted in high-quality development tools including WeTest, Intelligent Network Optimization (INO), G6 (Game R&D Solutions), MTP (Mobile Tencent Protect) and more. Tencent Games’ CROS provides multiple one-key services to gaming developers all over the globe, helping them overcome issues such as testing, security, voice chat, and network optimization.
Epic Games, Garena, Supercell, and Bluehole have partnered with Tencent Games to use these tools, and it already helped over 200 top-quality games achieve success through its innovative technological solutions. PUBG Mobile is just one of those games, and Tencent Games did a high-profile case study on it which provided insights into how CROS products helped it become one of the most successful global titles. Details of the study were provided by Michael Brown, the CEO of Vicarious PR:
• PUBG MOBILE supports over 30 million daily active users 24/7 lag free using INO which is a network optimization and transmission support service specially designed for multiplayer real-time mobile fighting games. INO customizes Dual-Channel ions making sure game data can transfer in the multi-link internal network transmission. As a result, INO helps eSport tournaments reduce the average latency by 90%+ and meet 99.9% of eSports industrial requirements.
• G6 technology supports player cross-continental distribution and game matches in PUBG MOBILE with a 24/7 non-stop global data storage function, featuring less than 3 milliseconds result with over 20M data requests per second.
• G6 provides high voice quality service from GVoice. PUBG Mobile global connection ratio is over 99.8% and crash ratio below 5 out of 100,000.
• WeTest reduced 90% of testing time and human labor for PUBG MOBILE. WeTest used AI technologies to test the top 500 mobile devices which covers 90% of the game user base. This allowed the team to quickly deploy a high-quality and smooth multiplayer environment.
• MTP security provides anti-cheating systems for PUBG MOBILE. MTP has the largest number of cheating tools available in a single anti-cheat tool which helped PUBG MOBILE prevent cheat tool mutation and provided easy identification and quarantine for the hundreds of thousands of active cheating tools.
Thanks to Tencent’s integrated solutions and continuous development and support, CROS is able to have the solutions that will help shape the future of mobile eSports:
“CROS provides multiple solutions for mobile games development,” said Yan Tu, Director of Global Releasing, and added: “Mobile Games is the fastest growing market in games today. With that said, we at Tencent Games expect mobile game eSports will continue to grow and flourish. CROS provides development teams with tools and ongoing support they will need to create high-quality gaming experiences across the board.”
Tencent Games’ CROS continue to innovate and advance mobile game technologies that provide strides forward in the performance, security, and quality of mobile games. PUBG MOBILE continues to provide high-quality eSports and competitive play thanks to integrated CROS technologies.