JDRF, the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes research, is kicking off National Diabetes Awareness Month with three video game fundraisers.
The three video game fundraisers are being organized by Humble, Twitch and X Rocker, while Rockstar Games and Jackbox Games are a few of the many companies contributing with prizes.
These fundraisers are the first of JDRF's new Game2Give initiative spearheaded by Telltale Games co-founder Dan Connors, former PlayStation and EA exec Hans ten Cate, and JDRF's Greater Bay Area chapter.
Beyond these inaugural Game2Give events, JDRF is actively seeking out partnerships and opportunities across the video game industry to raise money, educate the public about type 1 diabetes, and build a community for people affected by the disease.
For the month of November, JDRF is Humble Bundle's featured charity. A percentage of all purchases made during this time - including bundles, subscriptions, and game sales - will be donated to JDRF.
More than fifty creators have signed on to raise money for JDRF - many of whom have T1D or have friends or family with the disease - with 200+ charity streams planned throughout the week.
Some of the highlights are:
• Type None Grand Prix, a 6-day online Mario Kart tournament featuring some of the best Mario Kart players in the world
• iRacing simulations by NASCAR driver Anthony Alfredo
• Giveaways of rare Red Dead Redemption 2 merch, hosted by Wavy
• Giveaways of Grand Theft Auto merch and JDRF-branded Xbox One controllers, hosted by IHasCupquake
• A live Jackbox Party Pack event with prizes and special guests, hosted by TheOnlyRyann
• A 24-hour Pokémon Sword and Shield launch marathon with giveaways, hosted by AverageSiege
• Music streams by indie singer/songwriter ResurrectionFern
For the month of November, X Rocker is offering the X Rocker JDRF Bundle - a gaming chair plus an XH3 multi-platform headset - for $249.99 (a $65 savings). X Rocker will donate 10% of the proceeds from this bundle to JDRF.
Additionally, using the promo code JDRF with any other purchase in X Rocker's store will result in a 10% donation. X Rocker is also offering an X Rocker JDRF Bundle as a prize to the streamer who raises the most money during the November 12-18 fundraising drive.