It’s not a bug, it’s a feature. It seems that a lot of people have forgotten what vanilla World of Warcraft was like. Beta testers are reporting bugs that are actually things working as intended.
It’s been so long since we played the classic World of Warcraft that it seems we have forgotten all of the quality of life changes and got used to certain things being easier and simpler. With that in mind, Blizzard has released the official “Not a Bug” list to help beta testers remember what it was like 15 years ago and to stop reporting original gameplay mechanics as bugs.
Remember, the following 13 are features, not bugs.
• Tauren’s hitboxes and their melee reach is slightly larger than other races.
• Being critically struck while using /sit to sit does not cause abilities like Enrage, Blood Craze, and Reckoning to activate.
• Using the “Automatic Quest Tracking” option does not auto-track newly accepted quests. (It instead will start to track an existing quest once progress towards an objective is started.)
• Warrior health Regeneration is working at the expected rate.
• Quests objectives and points of interests are not tracked on the map or minimap.
• Completed quests are marked on the minimap with a dot. (and not a “?”)
• Feared players and NPCs run fast.
• Standing on top of other players while facing away allows spells and attacks to be used.
• Creature respawn rates are much slower than in Battle for Azeroth.
• NPCs which offer multiple quests may inconsistently display them as a dot or a “!” on the available quests list. They were inconsistent in 1.12, and we’ve reproduced the exact inconsistency they had back then.
• Quests that are too low level for do not show up as a “!” in the game world.
• Available quests do not display a “!” on the minimap.
• On level up, the message: “Your skill in Protection increased to 15” was added in 1.12.1, and we’re intending to keep that.
Admittedly, not even I remember some of these things, but definitely, the funniest part is matching the inconsistency of quest givers.What are your thoughts, is World of Warcraft Classic the same as you remember it?